Mushrooms in the Mat Su
August 2-4, 2019
Dr. Gary Laursen, mycologist, leads participants on collecting and identifying wild mushrooms in this three day class in the Palmer - Wasilla area of the Mat-Su. A wealth of information on wild and/or edible mushrooms in Southcentral Alaska will be received in attending. This event contributes to ongoing mycological research endeavors of the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
In this class:
- Become proficient in identifying, describing, labeling and preserving wild fungi
- Learn basic fungal taxonomy
- Learn about host specificities and ecology
- Understand the impact of mycological determinations in economic, environmental and societal contexts
- Gain knowledge of contemporary mycological issues
Friday, August 2, 2019, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday, August 3, 2019, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, August 4, 2019, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Registration begins July 1!
Cancellation Policy: Register by July 26, 2019, to ensure course enrollment meets minimum requirements. If class is canceled because of low enrollment, full refund will be returned. If enrollment is met for class and class will be held, no refund will be given after July 27.
Location: UAF Matanuska Experiment Farm
Instructor: Julie Cascio