: EnglishShort Description
: The Medical Office Administrative and Ophthalmic Assistant program teaches learners both about allied health careers in both an Ophthalmology and General Medical office settings.
After completing the program learners can expect to work primarily in doctor’s offices, clinics, outpatient settings, hospitals, and other healthcare settings.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Ophthalmic Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as an Ophthalmic Assistant and will be prepared, in part, to become a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Certification (COA-A3) by taking the JCAHPO Career Advancement Tool Quiz or to sit for the National Opticianry Competency Examination administered by the American Board of Opticianry (ABO).
**Certification exams are not included in the cost of the course.*
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
The Ophthalmic Assistant: A Text for Allied and Associated Ophthalmic Personnel by Harold Stein, Raymond Stein, & Melvin Freeman
Computer Requirements are as follows:
* Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
* Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
* Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
* 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
* Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
* Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
* Cookies MUST be enabled
* Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
* Kindle Reader App
* Adobe PDF Reader
* Adobe Flash Player
* Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
* PowerPoint Viewer