: EnglishShort Description
: Medical Transcription is an "In Demand" profession. You can start an exciting new career with our Medical Transcription online training program. Our Medical Transcription course creates a simulation approach to medical transcription that will give you a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in both inpatient and outpatient care settings. You will transcribe hundreds of real medical reports. The course is organized by body systems and includes full color anatomy and physiology illustrations. We also provide you will the proper formatting, grammar, and style in accordance with AHDI. Transcription reports include: history and physical examinations; consults; operative, pathology, and radiology reports; SOAP notes; and death and discharge summaries. Your transcription materials and equipment are all included.
Quickly master the basics of medical terminology and begin speaking and writing terms almost immediately! This course omits time-consuming, nonessential information and helps you build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots.
Medical terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology to help you understand exactly what they mean, and case studies, vignettes, and activities demonstrate how medical terms are used in practice. With all this plus medical animations, word games, and flash cards on the companion website, you'll be amazed at how easily medical terminology becomes part of your vocabulary.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify and apply basic word structure
• Identify body systems, body cavities, and planes of the body
• Define common prefixes
• Identify diagnostic and procedural suffixes
• Comprehend medical specialists and case reports
• Type quickly and effectively
• Identify the core elements of medical transcription
• Identify the steps to transcribe medical reports
• Identify the steps to transcribe HPIP & SOAP Notes
• Comprehend the regulations included in HIPAAInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Medical Transcription course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position doing medical transcription and will be prepared to sit for the AHDI national certification exam to become a Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT). Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Medical Terminology: A Short Course by Davi-Ellen Chabner
• Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18 Software
• Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Medical Transcription (with Student Transcription CD-ROM) by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• The Dictated Word by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• Digital Transcription Equipment: Headset, Foot Pedal and Software
• Dorland’s Pocket Medical Dictionary with CD-ROM
Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
1 GB RAM minimum recommended
This course makes use of CDs, so you will need access to a computer with a CD or DVD drive.
Windows XP, Vista or 7
Mac OS X 10 or higher
MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
Cookies MUST be enabled
Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
Kindle Reader App is needed for many courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
Adobe PDF Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)