This course provides an overview of telehealth and the basic knowledge necessary to understand the role of the Telehealth Coordinator in a healthcare organization. This is the first course in the Telehealth Coordinator and Telehealth Program Manager Certification series.
Central components of this course include historical and current reading assignments, participation in class sessions and online discussion forums. The online web meetings are held biweekly and are recorded for access after each session.
- Telehealth and its history
- Available telehealth technology
- How telehealth is being used in healthcare today
- Successful telehealth programs
- Current research and the future of telehealth