Introduction to Mushrooms of the Mat Su
August 3-5, 2018
Dr. Gary Laursen, mycologist, leads participants on collecting and identifying wild mushrooms in this three day class in the Palmer - Wasilla area of the Mat-Su.
You will gain a wealth of information on wild and/or edible mushrooms in Southcentral Alaska. This event contributes to ongoing mycological research endeavors of the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
In this class:
- Become proficient in identifying, describing, labeling and preserving wild fungi
- Learn basic fungal taxonomy
- Learn about host specificities and ecology
- Understand the impact of mycological determinations in economic, environmental and societal contexts
- Gain knowledge of contemporary mycological issues
Friday, August 3, 2018, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday, August 4, 2018, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, August 5, 2018, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Registration begins July 1!
Cancellation Policy: Register by July 27, 2018, to ensure course enrollment meets minimum requirements. If class is canceled because of low enrollment, full refund will be returned. If enrollment is met for class and class will be held, no refund will be given after July 27.
Location: UAF Matanuska Experiment Farm
Instructor: Julie Cascio